Situated within AWMM’s prized WW1 Hall of Memories, the Sanctuary is a place of commemoration to those who fought and fell. The flags in the Sanctuary represent some of the Allied Nations during the First World War.
The Sanctuary required targeted repairs and refurbishment in 2016.
Lime Works was entrusted to deliver:
- Full project management within operating area of museum
- High level protections to terrazzo floor and central monument during works
- Structural repairs
- Specialist carpenter and copper repairs to domed roof
- Lime render
- Steel window repairs and refurbishment
- Lead-light repairs
- Poultice applications
- Heritage interior plaster and painting