Built in 1847 this basalt stone wall originally enclosed 9 hectares including what is now Albert Park. British soldiers were stationed there until 1870.
It’s remnants now run for 85 metres through the Auckland University grounds.
As part of the University’s heritage conservation programme the Albert Barracks Wall was recently refurbished.
Lime Works carried out:
- Cleaning and plant growth removal
- Lime re-pointing